Friday, May 21, 2010

Episode 13 | "The Darkness, The World, The Distance"


Welcome to Tony Tost’s America. My name is Tony Tost, and this is my America:

“Amazing Grace,” Jones Brothers
“I’m Gonna Move to the Outskirts of Town,” Ray Charles
“A Million Miles to the City,” Tom T. Hall
“Phantom 309,” Red Sovine

Johnny Cash attends to the animal side of life

“Bathe in That Beautiful Pool,” Dock Walsh
“I Had a Good Mother and Father,” Palace Brothers

Classy Freddy Blassie considers the patronage of his fellow man

“Pencil Neck Geek,” Freddy Blassie
“Stand By Your Man,” Candi Staton
“Queen of My Double Wide Trailer,” Sammy Kershaw
“I’m Goin’ Upstairs,” John Lee Hooker
“Rain on the Scarecrow,” John Mellencamp
“You Got to Move,” Memphis Minnie & Kansas Joe

Forrest Gander carries Jaime Saenz into the twilight

“Move, Members, Move,” Rosie Hibler & Family

Jean Shepherd and Johnny Cash follow Robert Service into fire and ice (either will suffice)

“Sin City,” Gram Parsons, Emmylou Harris & ND Smart II
“The Angel of Death,” The Stanley Brothers

Mr. Ed gets inside your head

“The Waltz of the Angels,” Jean Shepard
“Elder Green Blues [Take 1],” Charley Patton
“Thirteen [demo],” Johnny Cash
“Shotgun Blues,” Lightnin’ Hopkins

Lightnin’ Hopkins never has had it easy

“I Hope It Rains at My Funeral,” Tom T. Hall

Bob Dylan looks down from the heights

“Blue Yodel #6,” Lefty Frizzell

Listen:



Subscribe!

Leave comments, suggestions and/or requests!


1 comment:

  1. 'My Grace is all you need.
    My power works best in weakness'
    -2 Corinthians 12:9

    ReplyDelete