Friday, April 30, 2010

Episode 12 | "We Are Crying in One Mighty Magnetic Voice"


Welcome to Tony Tost's America. My name is Tony Tost, and this is my America:

"I May Never Get to Heaven," Wanda Jackson
"Blessed Are the Poor in Spirit," Luther Magby
"Ghost Train," Marty Robbins

Circles form to conjure Houdini back from his grave

"The Ghost of the St. Louis Blues," Emmett Miller
"Pray for the Lights to Go Out," Bob Wills

Allen Ginsberg rides the his one good idea into eternity

"Cherokee Dance," Bob Landers, with Willie Joe Duncan and his One-String Unitar
"Mexican Rock'n'Roll," Unknown Singer (Sun Studios discard)
"Blue Ghost Blues," Lonnie Johnson
"Tulsa Telephone Book," Calexico
"She Ain't Goin' Nowhere," Guy Clark
"She Never Knew Me," Don Williams

Johnny Cash finds beauty in the land and its people

"Learning to Live with Myself," Merle Haggard

Blind Willie McTell checks out of the St. James hotel

"(It's a Mighty Thin Line) Between Love and Hate," Johnny Paycheck
"I Take the Chance," The Browns
"Wino," Cast King
"Be Careful of the Stones that You Throw," The Staple Singers

Henry Townsend knows what the truth touches

"Rock Island Line (Demo)," Johnny Horton

Sam Phillips and the Miller Sisters chatter

"Jean Harlow," Lead Belly
"Black Girl," John Phillips

Van Dyke Parks discovers America

"Travelin' Soldier," Dixie Chicks
"Bugle Call from Heaven," Webb Pierce
"Dust on the Bible," The Bailes Brothers
"Voice in the Wilderness," Cliff Richard

5 comments:

  1. Your blog is amazing! Just thought I would share. I'm adding you to my blog roll. :)

    Although my blog is more contemporary, you may enjoy the folk music here: thepursuitoffolk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. As an ex-Kempo karate black belt...

    I'd reach-up, grab that schtick and, immediately, do a knee RIGHT to his groin...

    but, alas! she doesnt know Kempo karate AND she's a wuss.

    ...yet, if I was o'thar,
    thard be Hell to pay, son...

    ReplyDelete
  3. As an ex-Kempo karate black belt...

    I'd reach-up, grab that schtick and, immediately, do a knee RIGHT to his groin...

    but, alas! she doesnt know Kempo karate AND she's a wuss.

    ...yet, if I was o'thar,
    thard be Hell to pay, son...

    ReplyDelete


  4. My name is Leah Brown, I'm a happy woman today? I told myself that any loan lender that could change my life and that of my family after having been scammed separately by these online loan lenders, I will refer to anyone who is looking for loan for them. It gave me and my family happiness, although at first I had a hard time trusting him because of my experiences with past loan lenders, I needed a loan of $300,000.00 to start my life everywhere as single mother with 2 children, I met this honest and God fearing online loan lender Gain Credit Loan who helped me with a $300,000.00 loan, working with a loan company Good reputation. If you are in need of a loan and you are 100% sure of paying the loan please contact (gaincreditloan1@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen the best content ever. I will suggest choosing these Best Loan Company in Jaipur

    Mortgage Loan Agents in Jaipur
    Home Loan Agent in Jaipur
    Home Loan Agent in Jaipur

    ReplyDelete